Montag, 25. März 2019

Lightnin Hopkins - Double Blues (1973)

Lightnin' Hopkins' plaintive, soft-rolling blues style is exemplified on "Let's Go Sit on the Lawn," "Just a Wristwatch on My Arm," "I'm a Crawling Black Snake," Willie Dixon's "My Babe," and others.

Accompanied only by himself on guitar (and oh what a guitar he plays), Leonard Gaskin (bass), and Herb Lovelle (drums), Hopkins' seductive, intricate guitar picks and strums will dance around in your head long after this album has played.

His voice, which sounds like it's aged in Camels and Jim Beam, conveys his heartfelt sagas to the fullest. A prolific songwriter, Hopkins wrote every song except the Dixon tune.

All tracks were recorded May 4 - 5, 1964. Tracks 1 - 7 were originally released on the "Down Home Blues" album, tracks 8 - 17 on the "Soul Blues" album.

Tracklist:
  1. Let's Go Sit On The Lawn
  2. I'm Taking A Devil Of A Chance
  3. I Got Tired
  4. I Asked The Bossman
  5. Just A Wristwatch On My Arm
  6. I Woke Up This Morning
  7. I Was Standing On 75 Highway
  8. I'm Going To Build Me A Heaven Of My Own
  9. My Babe
  10. Too Many Drivers
  11. I'm A Crawling Black Snake
  12. Rocky Mountain Blues
  13. I Mean Goodbye
  14. Howling Wolf
  15. Black Ghost Blues
  16. Darling, Do You Remember Me?
  17. Lonesome Graveyard

Lightnin Hopkins - Double Blues
(320 kbps, cover art included)

7 Kommentare:

zero hat gesagt…

Sorry for the problems with the original posting. Hope now everything works fine. And thanks to Otto for trying to help...

Greetings!

teekay hat gesagt…

Many thanks - works fine!

zero hat gesagt…

That´s good!

lemonflag hat gesagt…

Thanks

zero hat gesagt…

You are welcome!

Cri hat gesagt…

Hello Zero, thx for your post!

zero hat gesagt…

I really admire the music of Lightnin Hopkins - so it is a pleasure!

Kommentar veröffentlichen