Donnerstag, 3. August 2017

The Red Army Choir - The Best Of - The Definitive Collection

The most prestigious vocal group in Russia, the Red Army Choir was renamed in 1978 after Boris Alexandrov, the troupe's director from 1946 until 1986. A large group featuring a male choir, mixed dance group, and orchestra, the Red Army Choir attracted international attention when it took first place at the Paris Universal Exhibition in 1937.
Much of the group's repertoire, including such tunes as "We Are the Red Cavalry" and "Song of the Volga Boatmen," has passed into Russian folklore. In a review of the choir's self-titled 1994 album, recorded under the direction of conductor Victor Federov and released on the Naxos label, American Record Guide wrote "Naxos' sound is rich, full, vibrant, and spacious -- just like the choir itself."                

Even though I cannot speak Russian, the quality of this choral group is beyond excellent. Many of these pieces are extremely moving and stirring. Both the compositions and the performance are remarkable, above expectations.
The music is very emotive, these emotions can be shared beyond ideological questions. You can perceive a very intense feeling of comradeship and solidarity which is essential for all human beings. Also some of the exaggeration and grandiloquence that was characteristic of the Soviet regime can be found sometimes, but in this case it sounds sincere. The performance is very appropriate for this kind of music. It has nothing to do with the meaningless, empty and mechanical interpretation quite usual in military music.

The Red Army Choir - The Best Of - The Definitive Collection CD 1
The Red Army Choir - The Best Of - The Definitive Collection CD 2
(256 kbps, cover art included)

1 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

I am From Macomb Michigan and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr Melena Anderson has done for me and my family. I Was having HEP B for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this Dr, so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about Dr Melena today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, He render vaccine for these diseases HIV/AIDS, CANCER, HERPES, ALS e.t.c For more information on how to get cured contact him on his active email: dr.melena.anderson@gmail.com, dr.melena.anderson@aol.com, read more on her Blog: http://andersonmelena.blogspot.it/2017/08/hivaids-vaccinecure-2017.html

Kommentar veröffentlichen