Montag, 12. September 2016

Muddy Waters - At Newport 1960


For many back in the early '60s, this was their first exposure to live recorded blues, and it's still pretty damn impressive some 40-plus years down the line.

Muddy, with a band featuring Otis Spann, James Cotton, and guitarist Pat Hare, lays it down tough and cool with a set that literally had 'em dancing in the aisles by the set closer, a rippling version of "Got My Mojo Working," reprised again in a short encore version. Kicking off the album with a version of "I've Got My Brand on You" that positively burns the relatively tame (in comparison) studio take, Waters heads full bore through impressive versions of "Hoochie Coochie Man," Big Bill Broonzy's "Feel So Good," and "Tiger in Your Tank."

A great breakthrough moment in blues history, where the jazz audience opened its ears and embraced Chicago blues.

Tracklist:
01.  I Got My Brand on You
02.  I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man
03.  Baby Please Don't Go
04.  Soon Forgotten
05.  Tiger in Your Tank
06.  I Feel So Good
07.  I've Got My Mojo Working
08.  I've Got My Mojo Working, Part 2
09.  Goodbye Newport Blues

Muddy Waters - At Newport 1960
(320 kbps, cover art included)

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen