Sonntag, 21. April 2019

I Roy - Straight To The Heart

Along with U-Roy, Dennis Alcapone, and Big Youth, I-Roy was one of a quartet of DJs that reigned supreme over the Jamaican music scene during the early to mid-'70s.

Image

Of the four, I-Roy was the most eloquent, and his toasts were littered with references to pop culture, from movies to historical figures.

He was also one of the most prolific, cutting scores upon scores of singles, and dozens of albums.

Although the DJ's sun began to set at the end of the decade, I-Roy continued to record sporadically up to the '90s, by then, though, his life had taken a tragic turn.

Tracklist:

1. Natty Down De
2. Dread In The West
3. From The Top
4. I Self
5. No Turning Back
6. Every Mouth Must Be Fed
7. Medley For The Kids
8. Straight To The Heart
9. My Food Is Rations
10. Tempa
11. Heart
12. Me Girl In Dub
13. Wet Wet In Dub
14. Echo Dub
15. Every Night In Dub

I Roy - Straight To The Heart
(192 kbps, front cover included)

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen